Mama’s Lodge is situated on Inhaca Island, which you reach by boat from either Santa Maria Village (4×4 Only), or Maputo. Most people arrive by plane or vehicle in Maputo and then utilise one of the Inhaca Ferries (Are Running at 300mt per person one way) or a Transfer Service. If you are arriving in Maputo late afternoon, we advise using accommodation in Maputo for the evening, as the water transfer is well over an hour. If you have taken our self catering option and want to shop in Maputo, we also recommend a night in Maputo.
All leave Maputo 8:00am
Leave Inhaca 3:00pm
* Guests must be there 1 hour before departure..
* Please note for that guests have flights the same day or that are on a strict time schedule we don’t recommend using ferry.
* Ferry is weather dependant (Extreme winds and large swells can lead to cancellations)
* Please have boat charter as back up for your transfer (See below for suggestions.)
* Guests using shared boats please make sure you are being dropped in front of our lodge, otherwise you have to arrange transport from the dropping point to lodge.
* Lastly, if your boat arrives at the Island on low tide, you will be getting your feet wet to walk to shore, as all boats have to stop before the shore.
Currently we suggest contacting Hetta, based in Santa Maria, for any transport services. They provide a full service, but the boat cannot be shared and the cost is 20000mtn one way – boat can take up to 12 pax.
Contact Hetta on What’s App: +25 8843856863 or Email: email@example.com
They will organise:
- Airport Collection and Returns to Maputo Waterfront
- Water Shuttle to and from Mama’s Lodge.
- Transport to and from Santa Maria Village (Check out their famous Restaurant, Bemugis)
If you would like a shared/cheaper boat transfer option, you can chat with Richard on What’s App: +258846774438
Another good charter service out of Maputo is with Marçio, What’s App: +258862666983
There are other charter services available from Maputo.
Rusmus: +258 84 712 1666
Roger: +258 87 638 4720